Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Moving Rooms

Today, I had to move rooms.
I was asked to do this because the station Sleeping and Medical Quarters (SMQ) is being re-painted and -carpeted over the Winter. We have our resident painter, Frank the Tank, down here with us to make sure this happens (and to shout out 'PARTY!').

Here's a photo of my old room after I had moved most of the furniture, but not the little things and big books.
The mess extended out into the hallway. How do I go to Antarctica and still manage to have so much stuff?!

Here's my new room, at this point a sort of proto-room; the essence of the Davis expeditioners room without much of my own stuff. This was taken moments after the last photo. Everything can be moved. Even the shelves hang up on the wall on a strip of metal that acts like a long hook. It's magic.
I still had lots of stuff to move, including heavy books.
Eventually, after hours of dawdling and drinking coffee, I moved into my new digs. I'll have to do it all over again when they've finished with my old room, but this gave me the chance to re-arrange things and I like the new setup.

No comments:

Post a Comment